Looking for an exciting future with an award-winning company? Join us at Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre!
We are currently seeking a full-time Kitchen & Bath Designer/Sales professional to join our team.
The successful candidate will focus on making clients kitchen and bath design dreams a reality. Your role is to provide creative solutions and designs to meet and exceed the clients’ needs, tailored to their space, lifestyle, budget and tastes, while providing the best customer experience possible! This is an opportunity to work in the region’s premiere kitchen and bath showroom with a very successful team.
This position has a base wage plus commission, so an individual who is sales driven and willing to go above and beyond will thrive in this role, and will have the opportunity to potentially make $80,000+ each year. We also offer extended health and dental benefits, RRSP with company contribution, store discount, and much more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Meet with prospective clients in the showroom or their homes for design consultations to assess their needs, provide information on product features, decorating options and samples, etc.
• Perform site visits to obtain precise measurements and spatial details.
• Create accurate designs using 20/20 Design software.
• Provide quotes for kitchen & bath design projects and recommend product options.
• Present design to client for review/approval, effectively facilitate the sale of projects and prepare contract documentation.
• Operate store’s sales software to create invoices and sales orders.
• Place orders with suppliers/manufacturers for the project and stay updated on the timelines.
• Liaise and coordinate with suppliers, manufacturers, installation teams, etc. throughout the project and oversee project through to completion.
• Schedule site visits to monitor progress of project.
• Maintain professional relationship with clients throughout design process.
• 5 years of proven Interior Design experience in the kitchen and bathroom renovation industry is required.
• Knowledge of SketchUp, 20/20, or other design programs required.
• Valid Ontario “G” driver's license and own vehicle is required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Excellent knowledge of interior design concepts and trends.
• Ability to interpret specifications and drawings.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, work well under stressful situations and with tight deadlines.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Comfortable working with computers.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
• Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
• Please note: Reliable transportation is essential as Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre is not on a bus route.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Complete the following form to begin the application process for this job. If you meet the criteria, a representative will contact you with further details.