Chemong Home Hardware is looking to hire a Genera Labourer to join their dynamic team!
Looking for an exciting future with the opportunity for hands-on learning and growth? Join the award-winning team at Chemong Home Hardware Building Centre! We are looking to add a dedicated, hardworking and very detail-oriented General Labourer to our Insulation Team! This year-round position comes with benefits, RRSP and store discount. This position comes with plenty of opportunity for growth within a supportive team environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning and preparing job sites, loading, and delivering materials, using a variety of equipment and tools, and providing assistance as needed to the Insulation Specialists.
• Assisting in job site set up, debris removal, clean up, etc.
• General housekeeping and maintaining cleanliness throughout the warehouse, work vehicles, etc.
• Read and interpret materials and equipment required for project from order forms.
• Prepare materials required for project, includes lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling materials weighting up to 50 lb.
• Follow load securement procedures to ensure no damaged product.
• Use necessary hand and power tools as needed.
• Ensure tools and equipment are clean, functional, and safe at all times.
• Ensure work area and storage area are clean and safe at all times.
• Provide excellent customer service when delivering products and/or supplies to customers, working on job sites, etc.
• Report complaints from customers to management.
• One year of General Labourer experience preferred.
• Previous Insulation experience an asset.
• Valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license required. Must maintain a good driving record and lawfully operate all company vehicles.
• Shift flexibility and willingness to work overtime depending on season, workload, etc.
• Competency with building tools and materials.
• Dedicated, hardworking and very detail oriented.
• Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
• Willingness to learn and continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Comfortable with heights and confined spaces.
• Please note: Reliable transportation is essential as Chemong Home HardwareBuilding Centre is not on a bus route.
Our team consists of outstanding individuals with positive attitudes, excellent people skills and a willingness to do what it takes. If you want to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please submit your resume through our website, or apply via Indeed. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
**We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.**
Complete the following form to begin the application process for this job. If you meet the criteria, a representative will contact you with further details.