Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join their team.
Overview: The Communications Coordinator will take a lead role in planning, creating, and executing a variety of communications, marketing, and stewardship efforts, with a goal to transform more lives through affordable housing. This individual will work closely with the Communications & Donor Services Manager to oversee and manage the organization’s social media channels, create multimedia content (videos, photos, infographics, etc.), curate engaging content for e-newsletters and the website, and ensure branding and messaging is consistent with Habitat’s values and mission.H abitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region’s mission is to bring communities together to help families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. Through shelter, we empower. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great cause. If you are a creative and detail-oriented self-starter that is looking for a role with high impact, then Habitat PKR is the place for you!
• Curate engaging content for social media platforms, e-newsletters, and the website
• Manage day-to-day communications, determining content to be created and ensuring it isdelivered with timeliness and quality
• Create multimedia content, photos, videos, infographics, etc. to increase engagement
• Ensure branding and messaging is consistent with Habitat PKR’s values and mission
• Maintain accurate tracking and electronic records, producing accurate and timely reporting
• As required, provide support to the Communications & Donor Services Manager, and to ReStore team members on social media usage and optimization
• Assist with promoting and organizing workshops/events
• Coordinate information tracking, administer surveys and interviews with constituents
• Special projects as assigned, including general admin tasks and vacation coverage
• Be an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region
• A cheerful outlook, strong work ethic, and a good sense of humour
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in editing, design, and plain language writing
• Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, design, video editing, and Canva
• Ability to create dynamic, high quality, creative copy, and correspondence, including experience managing social media accounts, website content, and newsletters
• At least 2 years of relatable experience and/or a degree in an appropriate discipline
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively
• Well organized with meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to periodically work evenings or weekends for meetings or presentations
• Capable of confidently managing and adapting to change or the unexpected
• Possess tact, diplomacy, emotional intelligence, and flexibility
• Fully vaccinated
• Acceptable criminal record check
• Experience with accessibility considered an asset
• Support and endorse the Habitat PKR mission
Apply Today: If you feel you’re a good fit for our awesome team, please send along your cover letter and resume to email@example.com stating the position title in the subject line. Please include why you would like to work for Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Complete the following form to begin the application process for this job. If you meet the criteria, a representative will contact you with further details.