The City of Kawartha Lakes is looking to hire a building inspector. Job duties include: responsible to review projects, review and process applications for building permits and for enforcement of the Building Code Act.
We invite applicants who possess the following qualifications to visit the Career Section
of our website to view additional job detail:
• Post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technologist, Architectural Technology,
Building Inspection or a related field
• Certification in the following categories of qualifications as set out by the Ministry of
Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Building Code Act, General Legal/Process,
Small Buildings o Plumbing – All Buildings - Building Services - Building Structural
• Experience working in construction/ skilled trades is an asset
• Experience in a municipal Building Department environment is an asset
• Completion of Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing courses leading to a
CBCO (Certified Building Code Official) designation
• Experience in court procedures and enforcement as it relates to the Building Code
Act and Ontario Building Code preferred
Click here to learn more about the job and to apply.
Complete the following form to begin the application process for this job. If you meet the criteria, a representative will contact you with further details.