The Corporation of the Township of Asphodel-Norwood Building Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Building Inspector. Reporting to the Chief Building Official, the Building Inspector will inspect buildings under construction/demolition to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code Act, its regulations, and all other applicable legislation.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following experience:
▪ Successful completion or willingness to obtain qualification examinations administered by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing including general legal, house, small buildings, plumbing all buildings, large buildings, building services, building structural and on-site sewage.
▪ Have a thorough working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code with an emphasis on residential buildings, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
▪ Shall be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings.
▪ Hold a valid G driver’s license.
▪ Have experience with various computer programs including MS Office Suite and permitting software.
▪ By-law enforcement duties may be required on an as needed basis.
▪ Use of personal vehicle required for Township Inspection purposes. Mileage compensation is included. (Temporary)
Complete the following form to begin the application process for this job. If you meet the criteria, a representative will contact you with further details.