For a List of Peterborough & The Kawarthas Renovators click here>
“The biggest advertisement in the phone book” or “my uncle Bob’s neighbour used….” isn’t always the best way to find a professional, reliable, reputable renovator!
With over 50 years of history in the industry, look to the Peterborough & The Kawarthas Home Builders Association (PKHBA) RenoMark™ program for the answer!
Renovate with confidence by using one of our renovator members who have “raised the bar” by meeting the criteria to join the program, and now proudly display the RenoMark™ logo with their company!
10 Reasons to Hire a RenoMark™ Renovator
Whether you’re re-doing your kitchen or adding a new addition to your home, the Peterborough & the Kawarthas Home Builders Association encourages you to do it right the first time. No job is too small to call on a professional renovator. Most renovators do a whole range of projects from small to massive. In fact, “Do it right” is the battle cry of our parent association, the Canadian Home Builders’ Association, as together our goal is to make you aware that dealing with a professional is the right way to approach any renovation job.
But how do you go about finding a reliable and reputable renovator? Look to the PKHBA RenoMark™ program for the answer — and look for our logos.
Here are 10 great reasons why you should hire a RenoMark™ professional for your home renovation projects:
- RenoMark™ members believe in professionalism. They are committed to their industry and to their businesses and are willing to pay annual dues to keep informed and to help educate consumers as well.
- RenoMark™ members have legitimate business licences. They do not support the underground economy of renovators who avoid paying taxes and operate “fly-by-night” and “cash only” businesses.
- RenoMark™ members are informed. Information and education are important benefits of membership. Our members are the first to know about changes in building codes, municipal requirements, health and safety regulations and more through our courses, information sessions, and communications program. Our PKHBA Renovators Council meets monthly for industry updates and information exchange sessions.
- RenoMark™ members are “in-the-loop”. It makes sense to hire a renovator that is part of an extensive home building and renovating industry network. Our members are in touch with manufacturers, suppliers, and experienced sub-contractors. They know what’s new and where to get it.
- RenoMark™ members offer peace-of-mind. Joining our program is your sign that a renovator is concerned about fair and honest quotes and reliable start and finish dates. They understand that keeping the lines of communication wide open is the key to a successful job.
- RenoMark™ members comply with the association’s general code of ethics applicable to all members plus a renovation-specific code of conduct. It’s all about integrity. Our members believe in treating not only their clients appropriately, but also deal fairly with sub-contractors and employees.
- RenoMark™ members offer a wealth of advice. Put them to work for you in the planning stages of your renovation. Our members can offer design and technical advice to achieve designs you may not have thought possible. They are one call away.
- RenoMark™ members take care of the details. Hiring a professional means that the details like ensuring all sub-contractors have Workers Compensation Board coverage, necessary approvals and permits are in place, and obtaining the appropriate insurance are not only taken care of, they are readily available to you for your assurance.
- RenoMark™ members offer a warranty. A contractor committed to professionalism will offer you the coverage you need. Under the table deals leave you no recourse – so make sure your renovator spells it out on paper. Our members can also provide you with a written list of referrals so you can check on their performance and expertise.
- RenoMark™ members are part of the PKHBA – a crucial first step in knowing that you’ve hired a professional.
The RenoGuide: Read Before You Renovate click here>